Monday, May 13, 2013

Ice cream review: Häagen-Dazs Gelato Sea Salt Caramel

Ice cream review by John
Score: 3.5 out of 5 scoops
Company: Häagen-Dazs

Häagen-Dazs puts out some of the smoothest, creamiest ice creams on the market, so how can they top themselves? By putting out some ice cream that's even more smooth and creamy! Don't believe me? If not, then you need to try some of the new gelato flavors from Häagen-Dazs.

This one is the Sea Salt Caramel. I can't say it was a favorite, but it's still quality ice cream.

What you've got here is quite the tasty sea salt caramel gelato with a sea salt caramel ribbon mixed in.

Sound great, right? It is.

But I have a few quibbles, and these are mainly personal, just my opinion. For one, I prefer ice cream treats that have stuff in them, like cookies or nuts or something, and this one fails in that regard, though that doesn't mean it's a bad ice cream, just not quite my thing. The sea salt caramel ribbon helps some, and it is the best part of this treat (my mouth waters just thinking about it), but unfortunately the batch I tried didn't have a whole lot of that ribbon. Maybe I just had bad luck, because other Häagen-Dazs flavors I've tried that had a ribbon usually were quite generous with the ribbon.

So, caramel fans, you'll like this one. Gelato fans, you, too. Häagen-Dazs fans, you'll want to give this one a try. It might or might not be a new favorite for you, but I guarantee you'll be glad you gave this one a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment