Friday, May 17, 2013

Ice cream review: 2nd Street Creamery Truck Stop Fudge

Ice cream review by John
Score: 2.5 out of 5 scoops

I really do hate giving bad reviews, and I try to be fair, but I had such high hopes for this ice cream, and unfortunately I was quite disappointed.

It sounds like a great treat. It's chocolate ice cream with a marshmallow swirl and a fudge swirl. What could go wrong, right?

I'm sorry to say, everything.

Where to start? The chocolate ice cream tasted like one of the cheaper premium brands, more ice than cream. The marshmallow swirl was stiff, even when I let it sit and melt for a while, and had little flavor, being overshadowed by the fudge swirl. And that fudge swirl? Geez, it was the first time in my life I've actually not liked fudge. It didn't even taste like fudge, but more like a bitter chocolate syrup, and it had the weak, watery consistency of a syrup, not the strength normally associated with liquid fudge.

In a hope of being fair, I've only tried this ice cream one time. Maybe I got a bad batch. This ice cream comes from Iowa, and I was trying it in the Carolinas, so maybe it doesn't ship very well.

Would I try this ice cream again? Sure. I was disappointed, but one try doesn't prove anything. Hopefully the next batch will be more to my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment